There’s some wonderful news to report! In Australia, you can continue your studies. There is now a scholarship available through the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) In this article, we’ll try to explain you evry possible of this scholarship programme, its benefits, and the application process. The Australia Government Research Training Program Fellowship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This grant is for master’s and doctorate programmes. The RTP scholarship provides a monthly stipend as well as tuition fees and allowances to assist students in covering the expenditures of obtaining a higher degree through research.
Higher education providers (HEPs) receive block grants from the Research Training Program (RTP) on a calendar year basis to support both domestic and international students pursuing research doctorates and research masters degrees, also known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
The RTP scheme provide flexible financing solutions to support the training for domestic and international students doing HDRs at Australian HEPs. It helps to deliver graduates with the necessary skills to pursue professions in academics and other fields of employment The research training scheme support the collaboration between HEPs and industry, and other research end-users as well as it support overseas students undertaking HDR studies at Australian HEPs.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Participating Universities
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters by research degree or Doctorate Degree offered by participating Universities in Australia.
- Program Period: RTP scholarships are available for a maximum period of two years for a research masters or a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years (at the discretion of the HEP) for a research doctorate degree.
- Deadline: Varies, April-Oct (annual)
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship determines the receiver accompanying the following benefits:
- An RTP Stipend to assist scholars accompanying their living costs.
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the education costs ( tuition feesoffset).
- RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR).
RTP Scholarships- Support Period
- RTP Scholarships are available for a maximum period of 2 years for a research masters degree which is available to domestic and overseas students enrolled in an accredited HDR course at an Australian HEP.
- RTP Scholarships are available for a research doctorate degree for a minimum of 3 years, up to a maximum of 4 years, at the discretion of the HEP.
Research Training Program stipend rates
Each year, the range for RTP stipend rates for the following year will be announced by 1 October. The RTP stipend rate range is effective from 1 January. The table below details current and recent RTP stipend rates.
RTP Stipend Rates
|Full-time base RTP stipend rate ($)
|Full-time max RTP stipend rate ($)
RTP scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to receive Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
How to Apply for Australian Government Research Training Program?
Applications for a new RTP stipend, allowance or fees offset need to be made directly to a participating university. Universities are responsible for managing the RTP application, selection and offer process. Students need to approach the scholarship office at their chosen university for direction on how to apply for the RTP and key deadline dates.
for more details follow FAQ’s
To know more about Australian Government Research Training Program, please visit Official Website.